Saturday, February 16, 2008

LTUE

Just a quick update as I am exhausted after three days of convention. I had a ball. Got to be on two panels with Scott Card and chat with him for about 45 minutes after one of the panels. He is a great guy. Very, very, nice but just as brilliant as you would expect from his books. Then my wife and I ran into him and his family at a restaurant after the con. Very cool. I also was on a panel with Brandon Sanderson who is doing the last "Wheel of Time" book. He is also great. Gail Carson Levine was a huge hit. Very funny and insightful. Just a few others: Mettie Ivie Harrison, who is actually the little sister of a close friend of mine, Jessica Day George who is very funny, and my good friends James Dashner and Julie Wright. A very fun couple of days. But now I'm ready to crash. Oh, and Brian, Ishkabiddles are small fuzzy creatures that cling to the bottom of cattle grates. Which is why you have to honk your horn before driving over them :)

More on Sunday or Monday. Have a great rest of the weekend.

6 comments:

Brian said...

Scott-
Thanks for telling me what an ishkabiddle is. I was very confused. I am very jealous that you got to meet Orson Scott Card. I loved his book "Ender's Game". Thanks.

Chris said...

Cool! What an experience! Glad you had a good time. Every one I know who's met OSC says that he's great. I've heard that his wife is as friendly as can be as well. And I would not like to be in Brandon Sanderson's shoes! That's an awesome thing to have on your resume, but what a task!

Sean Ashby said...

I'm totally jealous. My sister-in-law told me about that conference at the Y and I wish I could've afforded to go. I look forward to hearing about everything you got from it. (And thanks for stopping by my blog; I'm happy to have discovered yours!)

Julie Wright said...

Thanks for hanging out with that pathetic blonde at the conference. I felt so sorry for her looking all forlorn like that. You totally made her whole weekend.

J Scott Savage said...

You mean that drop dead babe? Good thing she and I are both happily, delightfully,giddily, married, or I'd have been flirting with her the whole conference.

J Scott Savage said...

Sean,

Thanks for coming by. I love your artwork and your writing. You are extremely talented.