Sunday, April 20, 2008

Round Two Winners

I guess I should have foreseen some ties coming. We have three clear winners in Round 2. They are:

Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien with 15 votes.

The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever by Steven R. Donaldson with 8 votes.

And Redwall by Brian Jacques with 5 votes.

We also have a six way tie for fourth place. Each of the following got 4 votes.

Tawny Man by Robin Hobb
Temeraire by Naomi Novak
Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper
Word and the Void by Terry Brooks
The Lost Years of Merlin by T.A. Barron

So here’s what we’ll do. Let’s move on to rounds three and four. After round four, instead of going to round 5, we’ll have a tiebreaker round. This will include any titles that tied for moving on, and maybe even a couple of titles brought back by popular choice. Then we’ll move on to rounds five and six, and the final round seven. There will still be only 10 series in each of the last three rounds, so if we need another tie-breaker after round 4 1/2 , it will be by coin toss.

Again, thanks for your votes, I may be a fantasy geek, but I’m really enjoying this. E-mail me if you can't get the vote button to work.

Oh, FYI, if you see a few new series showing up, that’s because a few got disqualified for not being fantasy, so I’ve been scouring my bookshelves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Comment on George R. R. Martin: It concerns me that his score is so high. I've read the first three books in this series but could not read more. He's an excellent and gripping writer with excellent characterization and plot, but if these books were made into movies as they are written, they would be rated X for explicit sexual content and graphic, graphic violence. Call me a stuffy prude, but it was just too much for me to tolerate.