1) My only daughter got married. Talk about making me feel old! I suggested she wait until I felt like I was old enough to have a married daughter, but no go. The wedding was great. Her new husband, Nick, is a great guy. The still live close enough to come for Sunday dinner. And hey, I now have a real office/library. I still be willing to trade the library for the daughter, but that seems to be a no go too.
2) Within a month of my daughter leaving home, my oldest son left for two years to serve his church in Ohio. Both he and his sister are great kids doing great things, but the house is so quiet with just the four of us here. Maybe I can adopt a bird or something. Or . . . just enjoy the quiet.
3) Finished Land Keep! Whoo hoo. I’ll be doing some contests and showing the art as soon as it becomes available, but let me just say that every person who has read Land Keep has proclaimed it better than Water Keep. That’s the goal right? I’ve actually got the galleys now, and bound copies have been send out for reviews. Keep an eye here for a couple of giveaways.
4) Went to a baseball game Saturday night. What a hoot! Literally. It was the Orem Owlz—double A club for the Angels. We had a great time. Went to an all you can eat barbeque before the game. Jake got to be a junior announcer for the bottom half of the seventh inning. He announced about six batters and a pitcher change over the PA. And we won on a two run scoring double in the bottom of the ninth. Can’t ask for more than that.
5) I refinished the kitchen table. NOt quite as cool as finishing a book, but, I must say it looks pretty darn good. (I know, things are getting less exciting as we go here.)
6) I finished up a couple of other writing projects and started a novel called, “Zombie Kid.”
7) I sent out a YA horror novel called “Dark Memories” to an agent. Keep your fingers and toes crossed.
8) I had the chance to present at a couple of great teen writers conferences. The Teen Writers Conference in Ogden and Write On at Westminster College in Salt Lake. Let me see if I can find some links.
Here's a pic from the blog of Kara Moore, one of the attendeees. Not sure who the goofy looking guy to my left is, but just past him is Lisa Mangum from Shadow Mountain.
9) I changed back to this blog. I liked the other location okay, but I couldn’t add anything except posts. Links, widgets, etc, were all static. (Do you like the Farworld fish? If you click, you can feed them.) So if you found your way here, try things out. Become a follower (whatever that means) and subscribe to the blog. I’m going to try updating every couple of days to update you on the second year of the Farworld tour and the first year of being a full-time writer.
10) Oh and I bought a Sorcerer Mickey and Broom that I swear are nearly as big as my kids. We are pretty huge Disney fans around here (I’ll do a post on all of our Disney stuff soon) but this nearly outdid ourselves. The boxes barely fit through the front door. I’ll see if I can find a pic of this too.
Okay, so that's tens things I did. What have you been up to?