Monday, June 29, 2009

Been a Long Time

In the words of Led Zepplin, “Its been a long time since I rock and rolled, Its been a long time since I did the stroll.” Okay, I don’t think I’ve ever done the stroll, but it’s been a long time since I blogged. So where have I been all this time? Glad you asked. Here is a list of ten things I’ve been doing lately.


1) My only daughter got married. Talk about making me feel old! I suggested she wait until I felt like I was old enough to have a married daughter, but no go. The wedding was great. Her new husband, Nick, is a great guy. The still live close enough to come for Sunday dinner. And hey, I now have a real office/library. I still be willing to trade the library for the daughter, but that seems to be a no go too.





2) Within a month of my daughter leaving home, my oldest son left for two years to serve his church in Ohio. Both he and his sister are great kids doing great things, but the house is so quiet with just the four of us here. Maybe I can adopt a bird or something. Or . . . just enjoy the quiet.



3) Finished Land Keep! Whoo hoo. I’ll be doing some contests and showing the art as soon as it becomes available, but let me just say that every person who has read Land Keep has proclaimed it better than Water Keep. That’s the goal right? I’ve actually got the galleys now, and bound copies have been send out for reviews. Keep an eye here for a couple of giveaways.

4) Went to a baseball game Saturday night. What a hoot! Literally. It was the Orem Owlz—double A club for the Angels. We had a great time. Went to an all you can eat barbeque before the game. Jake got to be a junior announcer for the bottom half of the seventh inning. He announced about six batters and a pitcher change over the PA. And we won on a two run scoring double in the bottom of the ninth. Can’t ask for more than that.



























5) I refinished the kitchen table. NOt quite as cool as finishing a book, but, I must say it looks pretty darn good. (I know, things are getting less exciting as we go here.)


6) I finished up a couple of other writing projects and started a novel called, “Zombie Kid.”


7) I sent out a YA horror novel called “Dark Memories” to an agent. Keep your fingers and toes crossed.



8) I had the chance to present at a couple of great teen writers conferences. The Teen Writers Conference in Ogden and Write On at Westminster College in Salt Lake. Let me see if I can find some links.




Here's a pic from the blog of Kara Moore, one of the attendeees. Not sure who the goofy looking guy to my left is, but just past him is Lisa Mangum from Shadow Mountain.


9) I changed back to this blog. I liked the other location okay, but I couldn’t add anything except posts. Links, widgets, etc, were all static. (Do you like the Farworld fish? If you click, you can feed them.) So if you found your way here, try things out. Become a follower (whatever that means) and subscribe to the blog. I’m going to try updating every couple of days to update you on the second year of the Farworld tour and the first year of being a full-time writer.


10) Oh and I bought a Sorcerer Mickey and Broom that I swear are nearly as big as my kids. We are pretty huge Disney fans around here (I’ll do a post on all of our Disney stuff soon) but this nearly outdid ourselves. The boxes barely fit through the front door. I’ll see if I can find a pic of this too.







Okay, so that's tens things I did. What have you been up to?

18 comments:

Suey said...

Where in Ohio is your son going? 'Cause my son just left to go on his mission to Ohio too! Columbus Spanish speaking!

J Scott Savage said...

No, kidding. Scott is also in Columbus, but English speaking. he actually left back in December but came home for knee surgery. He's been in Ohio now for two months.

Lauren (Leda) said...

Wow. Seems like you've been busy! Congrats with your daughter!

OOH! Land Keep is done! *squeals like the fangirl she is* lolz.

*crosses fingers and toes* He he.

Zirsta said...

Yeah, sounds crazy awesome!

Meep! New book! Can't wait!

Lol Leda, I'm right with you. I'd squeal too, but then my sister'd look at me funny, like "what the heck is wrong with her?"

Anyways, that's great news Scott!

J.N. Future Author said...

sounds like you have been busy ^.^

Sorry to say this, but as much as I liked the 2nd, I liked the first one better. ^.~ I'll go into that when I finish the review

just for your peace of mind its not because the 2nd is bad, its just I was deeply impressed with one scene from book 1

Karlene said...

Yay! No one's looking so I can squeal like a girl too! :)

Can't wait for the releases. Love the fish.

Ian said...

Great news,

Congratulations to your daughter and her husband.

I'm looking forward to Land Keep; it's on pre-order with Amazon, so roll on September.

Ian

Bluestocking said...

Hi Scott! I was wondering why we hadn't heard from you. I'm ready for Landkeep!!!!

DesLily said...

congratulations on becoming an In-Law lol.. it's not so bad.. just wait until you become Grandpa!

Hooray! Glad to hear book 2 is done!!! You do sound busy.. I hope the other books you sent out get picked up!!

wow.. i can officially say "I knew you when".. :O)

Joshua said...

Awesome!!!!!!
I gave up on writing but i still like to read!
I need to finish Water Keep first
before i head on to Second book.
BTW Gratz on the daughter and son

Nancy Campbell Allen said...

Wow! You have definitely been busy, and for the record, you don't look old enough to have a son-in-law. Now you return the favor and tell me I don't look old enough to have a daughter that dates and drives.

Fingers crossed on the YA horror novel- exciting!

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Congrats on having the wedding craziness over. I'm sure Jen is super happy! :)

Love the fish. My kids were laughing their heads off clicking here and there making the fish follow their food.

Can't wait for Land Keep!

Heather B. Moore said...

Can't wait to read Land Keep! When will the cover be ready?

Brian said...

Congratulations to your daughter, and good luck to your son! I'm so excited for Land Keep!

Lainey said...

That is soo cool! Congrats!

J.N. Future Author said...

You crazy person! You never update! ^.~

Did I ever send you the review? I couldn't find in the sent folder....and that worries me a little

Anonymous said...

Hey! Your daughter is so pretty!! where did she get married? Ohio huh? well thats not to far away! the bishops son went all the way to chile! urg! how far!

Maddbugg said...

Hey! wuts a intresting fact about yoursefl?