Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Good News and (Slightly) Bad News

Did your parents ever do that ? Tell you, “I’ve got good news and bad news. Which do you want to hear first?” I always wanted the bad news first, just in case the bad news counteracted the good. Like, “We’re going to Disneyland. But all the rides except Mr Toad's Wild Ride burned to the ground.” Give me the bad first.

Okay, so the bad news is, Land Keep is being delayed a little because of some delays in production. Not too far, though. It looks like a couple of weeks. The good news is that I just saw an early sketch of the cover. Any of you who write or read fantasy know how much you look forward to seeing a new cover—hoping it is so cool you want to out a poster of it on your wall and just stare at it. This is all that and more. I danced around like a little kid. So, so, so, cool! I’ll share it with you and soon as the actual cover is done, which shouldn’t be too long.

Also, as I mentioned yesterday, I have a couple of events coming up. I’m taking part in the Second Annual Writing for Charity Event in Ogden August 29th. I’m presenting at The Book Academy, a new conference being offered by Utah Valley University for authors, aspiring authors and avid readers on September 24th. And I’m signing at the Orem Barnes and Noble’s Authorpalooza on August 11th. All with a bunch of very cool authors. The links are listed below, Come and say, “Hi!”

Writing for Charity

The Book Academy—A Conference for Writers and Readers

Orem B&N Authorpalooza w/ 30 Utah Authors

11 comments:

Erin said...

The website says the Ogden event is August 29th. Just to clarify.

J Scott Savage said...

Thanks, Erin! I think I've got the dates right now.

Bluestocking said...

That's too bad about the delay!!!!

L.T. Elliot said...

Congratualtions on the cover and I'm sorry about the delay. I can't wait to read it!!!

Heather B. Moore said...

I'm glad that FarWorld will still be out in September :) I'll see you at a couple of those events.

DesLily said...

looking forward to book II ! sheesh publishers sure can stretch things out! lol

Lainey said...

Mr Toads Wild ride... *Shudders*

numberonedashnerfan said...

your number 13 fan will be at the event in Ogden today (I am #13 right?)And I actually cant wait for Land Keep....

Juliana said...

Is the Ogden thing for writers of all ages? The site said for ages 13+ and I wondered if it was meant for just teenagers because of the venue.

I've been hearing the siren call of creative writing for a while now and have been somewhat hesitant to respond. A few conferences might be just what I need to jump in.

J Scott Savage said...

#1Dashner fan,

Keep saying nice things like that and you're going to move up to at least 12! :)

Juliana,

Looking forward to seeing you tonight. The conference is NOT just for teens. It's for anyone who likes to write.

numberonedashnerfan said...

Aww thank you I would be Honored to move up to #12.....It was fun getting to see you agian....