Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Fantasy Names

The charming, witty, and lovely, and large-haired Jessica Day George, pointed out this hilarious movie trailer to me a couple of days ago. We especially liked the part where he teaches the students how to come up with fantasy names, because we get asked that a lot. I like combining his endings with common household items. For example, Tosteranous.

How about you? What cool fantasy names can you come up with by combining common household items with his endings?

4 comments:

Heather B. Moore said...

Awesome. I asked Jessica what the names of her kids were, because, well, you know, she might have named them strange fantasy names. I don't think I offended her (too much), but she keeps the fantasy names separate from real life ;)

J.N. Future Author said...

^.^ I love making up names! but I love making up chapter titles more ^.~

Graham Chops said...

I have to see this movie! Hahaha as for character names, I wrote a book where all my characters had proper nouns for surnames, and their first names played off of them really well, i.e. "Chuck Spears". That was a fun one :-)

Lainey said...

Okay let me think..... litonous haha