Tuesday, August 11, 2009

New Cover and Two Winners

Hey everyone, thanks for your great comments on the inside illustrations. I can't tell you excited I was to see them. Okay, well, I could, but it would make me sound like a small girl with lots of weeping, and "Oh my gosh"'s and possibly a little weeping.

I agree with pretty much all your comments.

I love the horse in #1. It looks exactly as freaked out by the creatures as I wanted it to in the book. The creatures are snifflers by the way, and they are nasty little things. The Keepers of the Balance are a new group of villians in book two. You'll be seeing a lot of them.

I don't want to give away too much of the book by telling a lot about the second picture. But those of you who thought you saw the land symbol are correct. That and those things that look like leaves? Not really leaves at all.

#3 really does look like a photo don't you think? That's Kyja driving her second Earth machine in this book. How much fun do you think that is? I especially love that of the several states they pass through, Brandon chose to draw the one that is "The Land of Enchantment." Nice touch.

#4 is probably my personal favorite, just because of how it ties into the story. Some of you really made some incredible assumptions just based on that picture. It is indeed the statue of Tankum, the warrior who helped save Marcus, in front. And there is a very exciting conclusion that takes place in terra ne Staric. But that's all I can say.

Next, I promised to pick two of the people who commented and give them each a signed bound manuscript. As you can see from the picture below, my two youngest sons--and Mickey Mouse--randomly picked two names. The names are (drum roll)

Stephanie Humphreys

&

Bookworm 1520.

Send me your mailing addresses and I'll get those right out to you!

If you didn't win. I'll be giving away two more copies through my newsletter. If you haven't signed up for it, send me an e-mail at scott at jscottsavage dot com, and I'll add you to the list. I'm also going to do a story contest over at my writing forum www.readfarworld.com/forum.


And last but not least, here is the cover of Land Keep, and the wrap around artwork that will make up the front and back cover. What do you think?




This is the front cover. That's right pigs fly in this book!




And this is the artwork that will wrap all the way around back!

12 comments:

Lainey said...

Well I didn't win. Oh well!

I just noticed the land symbol! Scott, you are making me really excited! I can't wait for the book to come out! You are awesome Scott!

L.T. Elliot said...

Well, you know I think it's awesome (since I got to see it at the Frog Blog) but I'll just tell you again: "That cover's frickin' AWESOME!" All of the artwork is pretty darn amazing!!

Bluestocking said...

Wow!!!

Irish said...

Amazing cover...can't wait until its available in stores.

J.N. Future Author said...

HOLY COW! what a cover!!! That was honestly an amazing shock, I think its looks fantastic!!!!!

Stephanie Humphreys said...

Love the cover and I can't wait to read it. Thanks

Frank Cole said...

Yeah that cover has to be one of the coolest ones I've ever seen. It was great seeing you tonight at Authorpaloosa. I can't wait to read Land Keep.

numberonedashnerfan said...

hey cool cover... I blame Mickey for me not winning...

DesLily said...

great cover! looks like you've lucked in with artwork again this time!! Can't wait for the new book to come out!

Bookworm1520 said...

oh i can't believe i won!!!!!! so exited!!! you did a good job alsostephanie humphrey!!!!! i love that contest!!!! thanks scott and your little boys they looked so happy pickinng out the winners!!!!

Graham Chops said...

Looks crazy awesome, Savage! Sorry I didn't get to chat you up the other night at B&N, but I did get to say hi to your wife. I ended up leaving early--stomach flu.

Some kid came into the bookstore today with his grandfather, looking for new books. They picked up Dashner's second 13th Reality and I talked them into adding Water Keep to the stack :-) so they'll probably pick up Land Keep next month. Keep 'em coming!

Bookworm1520 said...

are these supposed to be the land elementals J?