Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Fun in the Sun

Heading down to Southern Utah and Mesquite, NV for some additional warmth, and lots of fun visiting schools. Drop by the St. George Barnes and Noble at 5:00 this Wednesday the 18th for a book signing if you are in the area.

Speaking of schools, a big shout out to my friends at Valley and Kanab Elementary schools. You guys were great! I had an awesome time making up stories with you and talking about writing and reading. And Canyon books totally rocks!

And speaking of Kanab, I've lived in Utah for over eight years and never visited the Coral Pink Sand Dunes until last week. I am not exaggerating when I say it absolutely took my breath away. If you haven't been there you need to go. The pics below don't come close to doing it justice!













Finally, things are starting to move forward with Demon Spawn, a national project I told you about a couple of months ago. I'll keep you posted.

10 comments:

Erin G. said...

Those pictures are beautiful! Don't you just love Utah? So so pretty.

Oh, and you need to come to northern utah so I can get my land keep signed. . . .please? :)

Bluestocking said...

Those pictures are beautiful!! I'm glad things are going well. Loved the book by the way! The melancholia tree made me laugh.

L.T. Elliot said...

Gorgeous pictures! I wish I would have known about St. George earlier because I was just down there last week. =[

Have a great time and can't wait to hear about Demon Spawn!

J.N. Future Author said...

I am SO excited for Demon Spawn! I honestly cant tell you how much I cant wait for it!

Erin G. said...

Yahoo!!!! So, I just found out you're going to be at the Layton Barnes and Noble. I'm so going to be there! :D

J.J. Bennett said...

Scott, after I spoke with you tonight I called a friend of mine who's working on a book. He came by Barnes and Noble but you guys had left already. He may stop by Dixie High School tomorrow and talk to you. His name is Kevin Jones. He's a writer here in St. George who writes for a paper.

free mp3 music said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Erin G. said...

So, I know this is my third comment, but I just found out that you are NOT going to be at Barnes and Noble in Layton. This made me sad, but we're going to get you up here to Northern Utah sometime. :)

Naat said...

Great post. It makes me excited to have a "first year"! Congratulations.

KING MAZHAR said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.