Monday, August 29, 2011

New, Wordplay Podcast

Hey, I’m just about done with my post on working with editors. But I wanted to let you all know about something I’ve been working on almost since I sold Grimville.

I’ve really enjoyed so many of the amazing podcasts out there and thought it would be fun to do my own if I could find the right combination of people and content.

We’ll I don’t think I could have asked for a better group of people and I hope content will be pretty unique. So, this morning, I’m excited to announce the Wordplay podcast.

I’m joined by good friend and NYT bestselling author, James Dashner, and super agent turned author and amazing writing blogger, Nathan Bransford, How’s that for an exciting couple of co-hosts?

imagesNathan

This will be a weekly event, posted every Monday morning. It’s aimed at readers and writers of all ages. Every third Monday, we’ll have a “Kids Only” episode targeted at kids ages 8-12 and their teachers, librarians, and parents.

We’re still working out the kinks and getting to know each other in our first episode, but I want this to feel like sitting around the table with a bunch of writing friends after a conference or book event.

Anyhow, I hope you’ll drop by and let us know what you think. Also tell your friends about it. We’re in the process of lining up some really awesome guests as well.

Thanks!

7 comments:

David John Dickson said...

Jeff, count me in. Heading over there right now, and I'll tell my writing group about it asap.

Exciting stuff! Thanks so much for doing this!

Robin Weeks said...

W.O.W. I'm not sure I'm cool enough to listen to your podcasts.

At least now we know what we can promote on your Authors' Advisory call, huh?

Very, very cool.

David John Dickson said...

Hey Jeff, just listened to the first 'cast and it was great. Nowhere to leave comments on that page, so I thought I'd say kudos here. Keep 'em comin'!

curly girl said...

Just an idea; a writing chat room! Or better yet, a forum! then we could all share our ideas.
(: (:

Donna K. Weaver said...

Awesome! Will we be able to access them on something like iTunes? I love being able to do that with another podcast with writers.

J Scott Savage said...

Thanks David. Robin you are the coolest ever, hands down! Curly girl, great idea. I'll start looking into it. Donna, yep! Just click the itunes icon in the upper left hand corner.

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

Sounds awesome! I'll check it out.

Kathi