Thursday, April 5, 2012

Finally, the Farworld News

Farworld_Water_Small Farworld2_Land Keep Small

No one ever said the publishing world moves quickly. And patience is a virtue most authors do not possess. But it has moved and I am so excited to make this announcement!

Ladies and gentlemen (and all the rest of us goofballs), Farworld is back!!!!

Still working out the finer points, but here’s what I can tell you. Shadow Mountain has agreed to publish the last three books of the Farworld series: Air Keep, Fire Keep, and Shadow Keep in hardback with the same amazing artist who did the first two books.

They will also be releasing books 1 and 2 in paperback at about the same time.

Right now, it’s looking like Air Keep will be released in late February. That’s perfect, because my new Harper series, Case File 13 will be coming out sometime between Christmas of this year and New Years. Books 4 and 5 of the Farworld series will probably come out about the same time in 2014 and 2015.

In addition, Shadow Mountain will be sending me out to visit schools, not just in Utah, but across the US.

I can’t tell you how happy I am to make this announcement. I have been in love with the Farworld story ever since it came into my head one night shortly after James Dashner told me about his series. I am hard at work right now writing Air Keep.

And the final piece of good news is this. Since you have all been so patient, waiting for this book, Shadow Mountain has agreed to let me post not one, two, or even three chapters of this book here on my blog. But ten! One chapter a month right up until the book comes out.

Tomorrow I will post the first chapter and then every month I will post another one. Hopefully that will help the wait for book three not be quite as terrible.

Also, I’ve seen a rough cover sketch for the Air Keep cover, and it is beyond awesome. The best one yet in my opinion.

Thanks Shadow Mountain for making this possible. Thanks to my writing group for encouraging me not to give up when it looked like the last three books might never happen. And most of all, thanks to you, my loyal readers. I get e-mails almost every day from people asking about book 3. Thanks for not giving up on me or the series. You all rock!

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurrah!

Erin G. said...

Yay!!!! You have no idea how happy this makes me! That is such good news! Congratulations! :D

Mark said...

Rock it baby! Congratulations, and I have to say it's about time.

Melissa said...

Yay! We (my husband, my son and I) have been anxiously waiting for the third book. We enjoyed the first two so much! So happy for this announcement! Congratulations!

J.J. Bennett said...

Awesome! Hope to have you again in Mesquite! I'm not working for Washington County in St. George anymore but I'll hook you up with who you need to get the ball rolling! Great news Jeff!

Lu Ann Brobst Staheli said...

AWESOME!!! We have always believed.

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you!

Blue said...

I've systematically read everything I can find that you've written, and Farworld is my favorite! So this is exceptionally exciting news. I'm so happy things are moving forward for this magnificent series! You are awesome. Congratulations!

ALABands said...

Have you read Into the Fire....best read of that genre!

Mindy said...

What great news! We are so happy and excited over here!!

BooksforYAs said...

That is fantastic news! At least now we know that the wait will eventually end!

Adi said...

*happy dance* This is wonderful news! I'm so excited!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!!!!!! YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! XDD I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT AIR KEEP IS COMNG SOON!!!! XDD EEEEEE!!!!

Peggy Eddleman said...

Congrats! That is so very awesome!!

Elana Johnson said...

Jeff, this makes me smile so wide, you have no idea! Congrats, congrats, congrats!

Becca said...

Hooray! So happy for your great news!

Bonnie said...

Hooray! Great news.

Peggy Urry said...

Congrats! That's so exciting. Can't wait to add to my collection.

Jacob Lee French said...

Dude! Way to go man! I had a good feeling about this new being awesome! The force is strong with you, Jeff. Congrats! This news was DEFINITELY worth the wait!

Karen Adair said...

Woo hoo!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great News!!!! You need to make a trip out to CA and do a book signing here at Cover to Cover!

Random Comments said...

Yes!!
could you possibly get them to release all three NOW?
(What do you mean you haven't finished them?)

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU

Anonymous said...

Can't wait! And congrats!

mamalaoshi said...

Yippee!!! I'm so excited! My family can't wait for the release!

Adam Peters said...

J. Scott Savage, you are like the best fantasy author ever! I love the farworld series, and It is the only one where I can read it in 1 week! Keep writing your work and maybe come to Olympia Washington? There are alot of people who need to discover your work!

Anonymous said...

My sons have read your Far World books and they can not wait to read the rest of the series!