Monday, June 11, 2012

Zombie Kid Cover

There are certain parts of being a writer that stink: the long waits, bad reviews, struggling to get a chapter just right. Then, there are the awesome moments: signing a contract, getting edits, seeing your book on shelves, good reviews.

One of the best moments for me has always been seeing a new book cover. That's what makes it all real. It's no longer just a story in your head or on a piece of paper. It's a book!

What makes that part even better is when I can finally share it with my friends, family, and readers. Which is all to say, "Look! Look! Look! Is that not the coolest cover ever??!!"



Whew, I feel better now. So what do you think?

Here's the cover blurb from the amazing James Dashner.

“With its mix of creepy chills and laugh-out-loud humor, Zombie Kid is the perfect book. Nick and his friends are my new favorite people.” – James Dashner, New York Times bestselling author of The Maze Runner

The artist is Doug Holgate. You can see more of his work here. He is the man! I don't know how he looked straight into my head. But he totally did.
 

15 comments:

Dave Cebrowski said...

Nice!

Cheri Chesley said...

Excellent! I have some boys who would love it!

Peggy Eddleman said...

I love it! Congrats on the fabulous cover!

Becca said...

Looks perfect. Love it.

Anonymous said...

Hot dang, that's awesome, Jeff. Congratulations! :)

David

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Love it, Jeff! I can't wait for it to come out!!!

Canda said...

Niiiice. I'm always looking for boy book to recommend to teachers.

Jacob Lee French said...

Dude, I was surprised by this book cover but in a good way! Love it! Can't wait for this and Farworld Air Keep!

Sariah Wilson said...

Fantastic cover, Jeff! I'm sure my son's going to love this one too!

J. Lloyd Morgan said...

Love it!

Angela Morrison said...

Great cover, Jeff. I love it. Perfect for boys. I smelling a big success here.

Rachelle said...

Awesome cover! This is so exciting. I can see kids grabbing that right up!

Jolene Perry said...

If it makes you love this more (saw your comment on storymakers) both my kids just looked over my shoulder and were like - COOL! Can we get that one??

Diane said...

Fabulous cover, Jeff! Congratulations! Showed it to my my granddaughters. No way this book is going to appeal ONLY to boys!

Susan said...

Very cool!