Thursday, October 4, 2012

Editing

Some parts of writing are a total blast. I love the initial process of figuring out a new story line. I adore having people read the book when it's done. I usually like writing the first draft, when everything is fresh and new. But editing can be tough. I like it because I know it will make the final product better. And I like adding something new that is like putting frosting on a cake. But there are parts that are just plain work. That's where I'm at right now with Air Keep.

You may have noticed I haven't posted a new chapter yet. That's because I'm neck deep in editing, and don't want to post the next chapter until I know it's not going to change a lot. Yep. This is work. But, it's in the middle of times like these that I get something like the pictures below that totally make me keep pushing. This is one of my awesome readers with her pictures of Marcus, Kyja, & Riph Raph, and below Master Therapass in his wizard and wolf forms.

Love 'em! Got any pics of your own you want to send over?





3 comments:

Luisa Perkins said...

What an awesome fan!

Mark said...

I feel your pain. No, really, I feel it.

Alice said...

Great pics. I love editing. Hate first drafts.