Thursday, November 1, 2012

Updates, We've Got Updates!


Thanks so much for all of your comments on my mother's passing. I don't think you ever get over losing a loved one. Even now, just writing this, I am starting to tear up. But I really do believe that our friends and family who leave us here, watch us from the other side. I miss my mom like crazy, but I know she is keeping an eye on me and the rest of our family. I really appreciate all your thoughts. You guys are the best!

Whew.Okay, blow my nose and back to work. After several months of crazy head-down writing, I have come up for a quick breath of air, before diving back in. Here are a few updates.
  • Zombie Kid: Everything is full steam ahead for Zombie Kid, my first book in the Case File 13 series from Harper Collins. So far we've received a starred review from Kirkus, several really great reviews over at Goodreads, and been picked as a Junior Library Guild selection. So, yay! If want to pre-order a copy and haven't yet, here are some places where you can order it online.
  • Speaking of Zombie Kid, here's an author interview I did for Harper.
  • Air Keep: Book 3 in the Farworld series is edited and turned in. I hope to have a cover to show you in the next few days, and it's going to be even more awesome than the first two. A lot of people have asked me what the Air Elementals will look like. This will definitely answer your question. You may also recognize an old friend from book two on the cover.

    We are also preparing to film a trailer for the whole series and I will be visiting schools across the country from February to May. Keep an eye here for dates and locations.

    The release date is Feb 26th, but I am posting a chapter a month here on my blog. Here are the links if you've missed them.

    Interlude 1
    Chapter 1
    Chapter 2
    Chapter 3
    Chapter 4
    Chapter 5
    Chapter 6
    Chapter 7
  • Fire Keep: I am currently writing Fire Keep, the fourth, and second to last book in the Farworld series. I can't give you a firm release date yet, but I am hearing rumors it might be sooner than you would think.
  • Dark Memories: Some of you may be aware that I also write some books for the LDS (Mormon) market, as Jeffrey S Savage. I don't do nearly as many as I used to, but I have one coming out in January that I am especially excited about. It's called Dark Memories, and it's an adult horror novel.

    Don't think Texas Chain Saw/Walking Dead/Blood & Guts. It's not super gory. But it is definitely scary. If it doesn't keep you up at least a little, thinking about things that go clank in the dark, I didn't do my job right. Anyway, more on that as I get the cover, links, etc.
  • Making the Team: This is the second book in the Case File 13 series. It comes out fall of 2013. I have the cover (it's sooooo cool), but I can't show it to you until after Zombie Kid comes out.
  • Signings and such: Still working on dates for signings, school visits, etc. It looks like the first event to kick of the new year will probably be a launch party for Zombie Kid at The Kings English in Salt Lake. We'll have posters, bookmarks, giveaways, and brains on a stick. I'll get you the date as soon as I know it, and I'd love to see you there!
That's it for now. Thanks for being my readers and my friends. 2013 is going to be an amazing year and I'm so glad to have you being a part of it with me!

12 comments:

Kevin Hiatt said...

Wow.. so much happening right now for you. Congratulations, you've definitely earned all the success. From one of the many faceless lurkers out here in cyberland.. Thanks for both showing us the way, and inspiring us to have the courage to try.

Peggy Eddleman said...

Wow! So much awesome in one post! Huge congrats on all of it! Especially that starred review. :) :)

Emily said...

So excited for new chapters!! How do you get on the tour schedule my daughter would LOVE IT if you came to Beaverton, OR. She is jealous that Obert Skye is coming to her siblings school next week!

J Scott Savage said...

Emily,

Send me your information, school district, etc. And I’ll forward it to Shadow Mountain who is setting up the tour now

Jacob Lee French said...

Wow! This is fantastic news Mr. Savage! Reading this was the perfect way to end my day! I'm so glad to hear up dates on Farworld and Case File 13! It's great to hear you're on such a role man! (Wow, that's a lot of exclamation points) You've earned it dude!

Diana Fourall said...

Yay! February 26th! That's right after my birthday! Can't wait--good job and keep writing. :)

Emily said...

Scott
We are Beaverton School district. She is at The Arts and Communication Magnet Academy. In Beaverton Or

Marny said...

Man, why does DB release cool books like this that are PERFECT for the audience at LTUE two weeks after LTUE? Drives me nuts that I can't get books signed while everyone is together.

J Scott Savage said...

I'm really hoping I might have some copies in time for LTUE.

Calvin Oats said...

you really need to come to Shelly school district 60

Please please please pretty please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J Scott Savage said...

I'd love to. But I won't know for probably at least a month. The best way to make something happen is to have your principal or librarian contact Shadow Mountain.

Calvin Oats said...

okay thanks:)